The Philippine Librarians Association, Inc. (PLAI) and its National Capital Region (NCR) Council will hold a three-day Seminar-Workshop on Emerging Technologies for Libraries on July 26-28, 2007 at the National Library of the Philippines (NLP) Auditorium, T. M. Kalaw Street, Ermita, Manila.
The seminar-workshop aims to: (1) inform the participants on the latest technologies that have been applied in library processes and services; (2) update participants on the emerging technologies that are being developed for libraries; and (3) provide a venue for sharing experiences of librarians and information professions on the implementation of technologies in their libraries.
The target participants of the said seminar-workshop are librarians and information professions/information specialists/managers, library administrators, archivists, library and information science educators, knowledge managers, friends of the libraries and students who want to keep abreast of the latest development in technologies for libraries.
Topics of the seminar-workshop are:
- Technological implementation in the Philippine Libraries
- Creation, Control and Preservation of Digital Resources
- Multimedia and the Information Professional
- Integration of Traditional and Reference Services in the Age of Digital Libraries
- Emerging Technologies for Libraries: Present and Future
- Libraries, Knowledge Management and Higher Education in an Electronic Environment
- Digital Libraries and the Future of Scholarly Communication
For inquiries and reservation, please contact the following persons:
Lily F. Echiverri
Tel No. (02) 929-2180; (02) 920-5514 loc 301
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Jocelyn L. Ladlad
Tel No. (02) 524-4611 loc 602 or 265
(Source: Seminar-workshop Invitation/Programme)